Packing bathroom items for a move can seem overwhelming, but with proper planning and preparation, it can be a manageable task. Here’s how to pack your bathroom items properly for moving:
- Gather supplies: You’ll need boxes, packing tape, newspaper, bubble wrap, and markers.
- Start early: Give yourself enough time to pack your bathroom items properly. This will also give you time to purchase any additional supplies you may need.
- Sort items: Sort your bathroom items into categories, such as towels, toiletries, medicine, and cleaning supplies.
- Pack towels: Fold your towels and place them in a box. You can use them as padding for other items, or you can stack them on top of other items for additional cushioning.
- Pack toiletries: Place small items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, and shampoo in a plastic bag. Wrap larger items such as hair dryers, flat irons, and curling irons in newspaper or bubble wrap. Place the items in a box, filling any empty spaces with packing peanuts or crumpled newspaper.
- Pack medicine: Pack medicine in its original containers. If you’re concerned about leakage, place each bottle in a plastic bag and wrap it in newspaper or bubble wrap. Place the medicine in a box, filling any empty spaces with packing peanuts or crumpled newspaper. Remember, always pack important medicine in your personal bag.
- Pack cleaning supplies: Wrap cleaning supplies in newspaper or bubble wrap and place them in a box. Make sure to label the box clearly as “cleaning supplies” to avoid confusion.
- Label boxes: Label each box clearly with its contents and the room it should be placed in at your new home. This will help ensure that your bathroom items are unpacked in the correct room.
- Secure boxes: Use packing tape to secure the tops and bottoms of each box. We recommend three strips of tape on the tops and bottoms.
By following these steps, you can properly pack your bathroom items for a move, ensuring that they arrive at your new home in the same condition as when you packed them.